The Policy and Development Section is one of the 5 sections under the Traditional and Complementary Medicine Division (T&CMD), Ministry of Health Malaysia. The main function of this section is to develop policies and to implement the T&CM practices that are proven to be safe and effective into the national healthcare system.
The Head of Policy & Development Section oversees 2 units under this section. The names and roles of these units are:
- Plan, set and monitor activities for the development of T&CM services into the national healthcare system.
- Oversea, plan and monitor the provision of T&CM services in MOH health facilities.
- Oversea, plan and monitor the operation and development of T&CM Branch Offices in Malaysia.
Policy and International Relations Unit
- To plan, conduct and review activities related to the T&CM legislation and policies.
- To develop, implement and evaluate T&CM relevant health policy and planning in Malaysia.
- To coordinate matters relating to the Parliament at the divisional level.
- To plan and establish strategic international collaboration in the field of T&CM
- To plan and manage international delegation visit programs and bilateral technical meetings related to the field of T&CM.
- To prepare proposals, summaries, speaking notes or press statements for the senior MOH officials as well as feedback to the media.